Posts Tagged Billy Eilish
For your Halloween playlist…with spooky music videos, as well!
You can listen to and watch them all on my YouTube Playlist! For free!
I included some new songs by Billy Eilish, Of Monsters and Men and Avril Lavigne. I dipped into the 80s to pick up some Duran Duran and Depeche Mode. There’s a lot in between. I even included some good songs from bands I’ve never heard of before, like The Haxans.
Here’s a list of the tracks I picked for 2019. Let me know if I left anything great out!
- Omen – The Do
- Ghost sYMbOL – Zero 7
- Roseblood – Mazzy Star
- Everyday is Halloween – Ministry
- Bring Me To Life – Evanescence
- Heathens – twenty one pilots
- A Little Wicked – Valerie Broussard
- The Killing Moon – Echo And The Bunnymen
- Disturbia – Rihanna
- Let’s Kill Tonight – Panic At The Disco
- Don’t Call Me Angel – Ariana Grande, Miley Cyrus, Lana Del Rey
- Monster – Imagine Dragons
- all the good girls go to hell – Billie Eilish
- Evil Eye – Franz Ferdinand (I could not playlist the official video for this because I am squeamish about blood 🙂
- I Fell In Love With The Devil – Avril Lavigne
- Shake It Out – Florence + The Machine
- Hunting For Witches – Bloc Party
- Alligator – Of Monsters And Men
- Way Down We Go – Kaleo
- E.T. – Katy Perry
- Blood In The Cut – K. Flay
- Devil Inside – INXS
- Graveyard – Halsey
- Only Happy When It Rains – Garbage
- Heads Will Roll – Yeah Yeah Yeahs
- Emperor’s New Clothes – Panic! At The Disco
- Monster Hospital – Metric
- bad guy – Billy Eilish
- Bury Me – The Smashing Pumpkins
- Season Of The Witch – Lana Del Rey (cover)
- In The Woods Somewhere – Hozier
- Howl – Florence + The Machine
- I Put A Spell On You – Bryan Ferry
- bury a friend – Billy Eilish
- Arsonist’s Lullaby – Hozier
- Help I’m Alive – Metric
- Heart-Shaped Box – Nirvana
- Do I Wanna Know? – Arctic Monkeys
- Cold Cold Cold – Cage The Elephant
- My Boy Builds Coffins – Florence + The Machine
- Tonight, Tonight – The Smashing Pumpkins
- The Ghost in You – The Psychedelic Furs
- Waiting For The Night – Depeche Mode
- The Wolf – Fever Ray
- Keep The Streets Empty For Me – Fever Ray
- Werewolf – Cat Power
- Call Me When You’re Sober – Evananescence
- Strangelove – Depeche Mode
- Monster – Paramore
- Full Moon Tonight – Silvastone
- Set Me On Fire – Flyleaf
- Pretty Visitors – Arctic Monkeys
- Born To Die – Lana Del Rey
- Ghost Town – The Specials
- My Immortal – Evanescence
- Zombie – The Cranberries
- Come Undone – Duran Duran
- Cat People – David Bowie
- Building A Mystery – Sarah MacLachlan
- Theme Song: Charmed – Morrissey
- Theme Song: Buffy The Vampire Slayer
- Ballad For Dead Friends – Dashboard Prophets
- Black Cat Bone – The Haxans
- Dirty Magic – The Haxans
Well, there certainly is a lot of sympathy for the devil these days.
Billy Eilish recently released her single, all the good girls go to hell.
When Netflix released Season 4 of Lucifer this year, it was its most watched original series.
Amazon Prime Video aired the angel/devil series, Good Omens, to critical acclaim.
In the The Good Place, a demon is seen as a sympathetic character who decides to help, instead of torment, his designated victims.
These shows address the concept of power, as well as good versus evil. Why the appeal? Well, life sometimes feels uncertain and frightening. When we watch shows about people fending off zombies, demons and devilish characters, we feel like we might have the ability to surmount some of the challenges we face that are truly frightening, such as random acts of violence.
So, You can dress like a devil for one night and raise a little hell without risking your mortal soul, for heaven’s sake.
Given that devilish characters are, pardon the pun, hot right now, what kind of woman chooses dress up as the devil on Halloween?
Well, like Billy suggested, “good girls!” Psychologists say people tend to select costumes that reflect the shadow side of their natures. Devils are all about self-serving power. So, women who choose to dress as a devil are most likely kind, giving people who sometimes fantasize about the freedom of life without responsibilities and moral imperatives. Perhaps they are a little codependent. Maybe they are a little low on the self-care level and imagine some unfettered hedonism would be fun once in a while.
And Halloween gives them a chance to act out that fantasy! Dressing up like a devil just once a year might even be a healthy thing for them to do. So, if you recognize yourself here, give in to temptation. Embrace your devil side for Halloween.
I searched Amazon for a woman’s devil costume that was kind of sexy but that offered enough coverage so that the neighbors wouldn’t talk about you the next day. (Oh, let them talk. It will be good for them to see another side of you!)
This one received positive reviews for flattering fit, comfort and quality, and it comes in a range of sizes, including plus size. I believe it was in the $30 – $40 range. If this is the look you want to pull off, and I think it’s a great one, then order your costume and accessories early to get your size.
I think a light body slimmer would be great underneath this form-fitting dress, and maybe a silicone strapless, backless bra, or for smaller bust sizes, the lighter adhesives. That way, you wouldn’t have any bra straps showing at the shoulders. I could see nude or black hose, or even nude with a little gold sparkle. I like these inexpensive shoes with it.
If you didn’t want to wear a wig, you could add red tips with a spray-on, 1-day dye, such as L’Oreal Colorista Spray. I tried the purple shade and it did show up on my dark brown hair.
One tip I read about wrinkles in costumes — these fabrics tend to be tough to iron (they can be damaged easily with heat) but they can also look wrinkled when taken out of the bag, and that’s not a good look. You can steam the wrinkles out if you have a steamer or hang it in the bathroom during a hot shower. You can also try using a damp cloth and an iron set on low heat.
Just don’t put it in the dryer! Ironically, that would be too much heat for your devil costume!
Welcome to Halloween Costume Week on Autumn in Virginia! Every day this week, I’ll be featuring a different costume inspiration! Please join us every day and share your costume ideas!