Posts Tagged Bealeton Virginia
Are you starting to think about the weekend yet? Want to try something different? If you haven’t done this yet, you might want to consider taking a trip down 29 to Bealeton, Virginia to check out The Flying Circus Airshow, which takes place each Sunday at 2:30 p.m., weather permitting. To see if the show is on for that day, visit their website http://www.flyingcircusairshow.com
Admission is $10 for adults ($2 off coupon on the website) and $3 for kids, and I recommend it. It’s mostly biplanes, and the stunts are jaw-dropping. They do have a small snack bar with hot dogs, but there are plenty of places to eat along the way there, or you could bring a picnic.
Before and after the show, you can purchase a biplane ride ($70 to $130). Now, I took this ride. Did I enjoy it? That is hard to say. It was really fun, but I was also scared and had to close my eyes for some of it 🙂 especially the wingovers. I am fairly sure I screamed during the wingovers. Imagine a very loud roller coaster ride in the air and you get the idea. But not everyone is as chicken-hearted as I am. I am glad I did it at least once in my lifetime, and the view is incredible — lovely country side around there.
But now I am perfectly happy to watch (and have my child watch) the air action, wing-walkers, and stunt pilots with my feet firmly on the ground.
- HalloweenOctober 31st, 202078 days to go.
- Happy Halloween, my dears
- Magical self-care for Halloween
- You’re up late! Let’s watch Nosferatu (1922), full movie
- Fun Facts: It’s The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown (1966)
- Horror Movie Week! Let’s watch Werewolf of London (1935)
- Celebrate Her-o-ween! Fun events (for everyone) in Northern Virginia on Saturday, October 26
- Fun stuff to do this weekend in NoVa Oct. 25 – 27
- Horror Movie Week! Let’s watch Brides of Dracula (1960)
- Horror Movie Week! Let’s watch The Wolf Man (1941)
- Plans tonight? Three spooky options
- Horror Movie Week! Let’s watch Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde (1931)
- It’s Horror Movie Week! Let’s Watch Dracula (1931)
- Two Brews for Oktoberfest and Halloween
- Horror Movie Week begins with The Black Cat (1934)
- Halloween wines
- Prepare to be amazed by these Halloween displays
- Happy Alt Halloween – Music for your fears
- Fun stuff to do this weekend in NoVa Oct. 18 – 20
- Halloween 2019 Makeup Picks
- Falling Leaves in Fairfax County