Archive for September 11th, 2019
Fall is my favorite season. So many things are happening in the Northern Virginia area. Check out my listings for 2019 fall events and for 2019 Halloween events in case you see something you would like to add to your calendar.
All events are free, unless otherwise indicated.
Some highlights of my fall include
- Checking out the many unusual varieties of pumpkins at Merrifield Garden Center.
- Stopping by The Apple House in Linden for an apple cider donut on the way to see the mountain views on Skyline Drive.
- Watching the golden yellow Eastern Tiger Swallowtail butterflies flit about (they are Virginia’s state insect!)
- Buying a traditional Vietnamese Moon Cake at Eden Center in Falls Church before the Mid-Autumn Festival.
- Petting the friendly goats at Cox Farms’ Fall Festival.
- Cheering on the floats and performers at The Town of Vienna Halloween Parade.
What is your favorite thing to do in fall?