I was looking over this list and thought — butternut squash. I need some butternut squash recipes!
The other day, I had butternut squash ravioli (the Giant Brand, $4.99 package) and served it as recommended, with sage leaves fried in butter and a little parmesan. It was very good and so easy to make. You can buy a small carton of fresh sage at Giant for only 99 cents.
I noticed that Campbell’s is selling a new Butternut Squash soup (about a dollar, I think) and I bought that, because it has a good recipe for linguine with butternut squash sauce on the label.
I also noticed the fresh figs are in. Giant is selling them in a carton of 6 for $6. Sigh. That is a dollar a fig. I do love them and I know they are special but I still wince a bit because my sister has a tree full of figs…in Georgia! When she had dogs, the dogs used to get up on their back legs to reach the figs, and eat them right off the tree. Maybe she can find the picture she took and I’ll post it here. Clever dogs!
I like to have figs with a little mascarpone cheese and a drizzle of honey.
Here are some of my and my son’s favorites.
- Fall Recipe: a classic cheese fondue for apples (halloweeninvirginia.wordpress.com)
- Easy Pumpkin Recipes for Fall! (lifeofaworkinggirl.wordpress.com)
- Bisquick Candied Ginger Pumpkin Pancakes (nonnaluna.wordpress.com)
- Best Sweet Treats to Make with Pumpkin (thedailymeal.com)
- Not Just for Carving: 8 Pumpkin Recipes (thedailymeal.com)
- A Plethora of Pumpkin Dishes (wholefoodsmarket.com)